Berry Delicious Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened mixed berries, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- In a small bowl, combine flour and 1/3 cup sugar; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan.
- Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Spread jam over crust. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over jam; sprinkle with berries.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 30 minutes longer. Serve warm or cold.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 374 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 2, 2020
My family and friends adore this recipe!
Jun 15, 2015
I featured this dessert at a summer gathering. It was a huge hit and I've now shared the recipe with numerous guests. What a super sweet summery dessert!
Feb 8, 2015
My mom made this and brought it to a Memorial day party one year it was a huge hit and I have made it several more times. Fairly easy and tastes awesome!
Apr 22, 2013
This really is excellent. I used fat-free cream cheese & whole wheat flour. Next time I make it, I will skip the jam. It seems unnecessary, plus it makes the tart a bit runny.~ Theresa
Apr 19, 2013
Wonderful dessert, guests loved it. Cut brown sugar down for topping to 1/2 cup, served w/ a dollop of cool whip on side. Used seedless raspberry jam and 1 cup each of fresh raspberries and blueberries. Easy to prepare and a definite keeper.
Aug 22, 2011
Delicious! hubby and I liked it cold better than warm. I used homemade rhubarb jelly and then just strawberries as the filling... Like a strawberry-rhubarb crumble! Very good!
Jul 23, 2011
This recipe deserves more than 5 stars. It was very wonderful. I took it to work and everyone just loved it. I friend co-worker even said that it was the best dessert she had ever had.
Jun 22, 2011
I made this recently for a Father's Day gathering and everyone loved it. (My son said, "This is the best berry dessert you have ever made!) However, it is almost too sweet, so the next time I make it I will cut the sugar for the topping in half and see if it still provides enough sweetness. I may also eliminate the jam since I think it created too much moisture causing the dessert to be a little more runny that I would have preferred.
May 24, 2011
Amazing! I love rich desserts and generally refuse to make any dessert actually healthy, but I decided to try reduced fat cream cheese...(first time ever) and it turned out fantastic! I also used 1/2 whole wheat flour in the crust...to add some more fiber with the berries! :) ... was simply delicious...no wheat-like flavor...just a wonderful recipe!
Mar 2, 2011
Wow..this is one of the best desserts I have ever had. I ate my piece soo slow so I could enjoy each bite, yes it's that good! Can't wait to make it again.