Berry Cream Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add fresh or frozen berries and toss gently. Combine the eggs, sour cream, oil and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 481 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 330mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 28, 2020
Great recipe! I used fresh blueberries and would not chance a thing. Made 30 regular-size muffins and 6 mini-muffins.
Apr 19, 2020
As a not regular baker, these muffins turned out really good. Nice flavor and texture, we all loved them. Definitely going to make them again soon!
Jan 29, 2019
No comment left
Jul 25, 2018
These muffins are so yummy and easy to prepare. They turn out perfect every time. The only thing that makes them better, is to make them in jumbo muffin tins. I have to say, this recipe has made me a little bit famous in my family. :) SO GOOD!
Aug 8, 2017
These muffins are fluffy, moist and fantastic. This recipe is a keeper. I am so excited because I can use any berries I have on hand or in the mood for. I will try some lemon zest next time I make it...
Jun 23, 2017
I made them with strawberries and sprinkled a bit of raw sugar on top of each before baking. Excellent recipe!
Jan 25, 2017
I added a few teaspoons of lemon zest to the raspberries and they were delicious!
Jul 1, 2016
These were really good. I cut the recipe in half as there is only 2 in my house. Will make these again but when I half the recipe I will add a few more berries instead of 1 1/2 cups will make it 1 2/3 or 1 3/4 as there were not quite enough berries
May 4, 2016
These are fantastic! I made them with raspberries, they were incredible!
Sep 1, 2015
These muffins have been a family favorite since the recipe first appeared in 1995. Whether I use a mix of raspberries and blueberries or, in the summer, blackberries from my blackberry patch, Berry Cream Muffins are always very moist and flavorful. This recipe is a real treasure!