Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2 cups
- 2 cups coarsely shredded cooked beets
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and blend well. Chill thoroughly.
Jul 13, 2010
I liked this recipe but didnot love it as much as a similar recipe my Hungarian mother & friends made. I adapted this recipe to : 2 to 4 cans of slice or whole beets chopped finely; adapted the vinegar, sugar oil & salt & pepper to taste. Chilled over night.I have a better recipe which eliminatre severla of the ingredients in this particulr recipe, but has a better taste.
Mar 12, 2010
Very good. I made two batches: one as printed and one with horseradish as a previous reviewer suggested. Both were good, but my family--who are the supreme arbiters in my world--voted that they like the vinegar version best.
Feb 3, 2008
Add Horseradish for Kick.......... Use Pickled Beets & Forget the Vinegar & Sugar (?)