Beef Tenderloin Stroganoff
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 pounds beef tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt to taste
- Hot cooked noodles
- Place flour in a large bowl or dish; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil and butter over medium heat.
- Gradually stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, tomato paste, paprika and salt; slowly stir in sour cream mixture (do not boil). Cook, uncovered, over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently. Serve with noodles.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 275 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein.
Dec 3, 2015
Maybe I made the sauce wrong, but it was awful. I ended up throwing out the sauce, and just put gravy on the meat and that was delicious. But I didn't a recipe to do that. :)
Mar 30, 2015
A sheer lack of flavor in this recipe. Thankfully my meat was not chewy, but very tender. I did have to use a strip steak though instead of the tenderloin since that is what I had on hand. We needed to add salt and pepper to the end product. Just overall bland.
Feb 11, 2013
Followed recipe exactly. I was concerned about browning my $26 beef tenderloin, and then cooking it an additional 15-20 minutes making the sauce. Should have trusted my instincts. It turned out like a cheap piece of meat...chewy & tough. I should have removed the meat after browning it, and returned it to the mixture just to heat before serving. Expensive lesson learned.
Dec 1, 2012
No comment left
Feb 13, 2012
I have been making this recipe every Valentine's Day for several years now. I use spaghetti instead of noodles. That's the only change I make. It is so good and so easy. Always impressive. Thanks!
Nov 18, 2011
No comment left
Jul 22, 2010
Lacks taste and flavor, only paprika and salt. Tasted like something was missing. Won't be making it again. Only did this time as I had beef tenderloin in the freezer.
Mar 9, 2010
I agree, very expensive but really good.
Oct 7, 2009
Expensive to prepare, but very tasty. Good to make when time is short and you want to impress!