Beef & Tater Bake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Spread Tater Tots evenly in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook and crumble beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Stir in seasonings, soup, milk, broccoli, 3/4 cup onions, 1/2 cup cheese and tomato; heat through. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining onions and cheese. Bake, uncovered, until cheese is melted, 5-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 400 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 805mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.
May 26, 2020
So delicious! Had to use hash rounds as store was out of tater tots, improved it imo. As per others, added more garlic onion powder and cheese. Think I'll add more cream of broccoli soup next time for our preference. Recipe came out perfect and it took no time to put together. Husband ate half the pan in one sitting. Definetly on permanent rotation.
Sep 17, 2019
Not sure what everyone is raving about. This was horrible. What an embarrassment. Made it according to the recipe. Filed the recipe and food in the trash.
Jun 25, 2019
Don't mind the haters I would rather use measuring cups than a scale.
May 9, 2019
Apr 1, 2019
(4 cups frozen Tater Tots) For God's sake use proper weights and measurements!! Kitchen scales are cheap.
Oct 14, 2018
Just ok. Nothing really wrong with it but the flavor did not wow. Wouldn’t make it again.
May 31, 2018
I loved this dish! Made few changes. I added a 1 tsp of salt, 1tsp garlic powder and a can of broccoli and cheese. Everything else i did like recipe said. And i loved it and my son inhaled it not sure if he chewed!# lovedit
Sep 7, 2016
This is my new favorite casserole recipe. Made it exactly like the recipe states and it was tasty and reheated beautifully for leftovers. I love the tator tots in the bottom of the pan, you get more potato flavor and they don't get soggy
May 5, 2016
Great recipe, scrap the broccoli, add mushroom and cream of mushroom soup, trust me.
Jan 24, 2016
Super quick and easy. Also tasted great