Beef Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in water and soy sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Fill each zucchini shell with 2 tablespoons meat mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; microwave 1-2 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 236 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 674mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Apr 9, 2015
This made an okay weeknight dinner served with green beans and a rice pilaf. I think zucchini lovers would really like it.
Oct 14, 2014
AMAZING!!!!!! Never liked Zucchini before this recipe.
Jul 22, 2014
I used 1 lb. of hamburger with the 2 TBSP. of Soy Sauce and everyone agreed it still was a bit over powering. I suggest you add and taste it little by little. I also steamed the zucchini aladente which worked out well when I put it in the oven to warm up. Otherwise good idea.
Aug 23, 2010
No comment left
Aug 3, 2008
No comment left