Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, chilies, oregano, cumin and salt. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with butter. Spoon 1/2 cup of the meat mixture over half of unbuttered side. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese; fold in half.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Cut into wedges.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 960mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 14, 2019
Quick and easy, but it's just not a keeper for Taco Tuesday family meals.
Dec 7, 2014
Good basic recipe. However, 10 minutes in a 475 oven is way too long.
Feb 8, 2014
A little on the bland side. I think I would throw in some jalapenos next time. For the kids though the spiciness was good.
Dec 19, 2013
No comment left
Apr 12, 2012
Very tasty and quick! Topped with lettuce,tomatoes, sour cream and mango salsa! Served with spanish rice and corn!
Nov 18, 2011
Was so good!!! Family loved it
Jun 1, 2011
Very easy and great!!
Aug 6, 2009
No comment left
May 12, 2009