Beef Quesadillas with Salsa
These easy, cheesy steak quesadillas are packed with beef and topped with pineapple salsa. And because it's a little sweet and not too spicy, they are very kid friendly.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes4 servings (4-1/2 cups salsa)
- 3/4 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-1/2 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, saute steak in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over one side of each tortilla; top with 1/3 cup beef and remaining cheese. Fold tortillas over.
- In another large skillet, cook two quesadillas in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining quesadillas and oil. Cut into wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; serve with quesadillas. Cover and refrigerate remaining salsa.