Beef ‘n’ Rice Hot Dish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups hot water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add onion, green pepper, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 376 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 833mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 3, 2014
Made this last night and it was very good. I did add corn with the tomatoes as well as cheese after simmering.
Apr 15, 2012
We found this recipe a little bland. The next time I make it I will add extra seasonings.
Sep 13, 2011
This recipie is a good basic one. I used it to make stuffed peppers, and they were very good. Then I added some grated parm and the scooped out inside of summer squash chopped fine and sauted in butter, to stuff the squash before baking about 35 min till the shells were tender. Very very good and something different to do with all the squash from the garden.
Jan 21, 2011
This recipe is delicious. My family likes to eat it by itself, but it's also delicious as a filling for tacos!
Jan 23, 2009
No comment left
Oct 4, 2007
No comment left