Bavarian Mint Fudge
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 2-1/2 pounds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 11x7-in. baking pan with foil. Grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and remaining 1 tablespoon butter; stir until smooth. Stir in milk and extracts until well blended. Spread into prepared pan. Refrigerate until set.
- Using the foil, lift fudge out of the pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 62 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 13, 2015
Super easy! Excellent. It's dangerous to be able to make fudge this yummy. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
Oct 8, 2013
This is very good fudge I've made it and family liked it.
Jun 24, 2013
No comment left
Dec 29, 2012
I have made this fudge for many, many years and everyone wants the recipe. So creamy and wonderful, not to mention easy!
Dec 12, 2012
I have made this fudge 2 years in a row now and my kids, family and friends ask me to make it every Christmas.
Feb 8, 2012
This is a fabulous recipe! I've done this with good chunk chocolate (instead of chips) and the results are also great. If, at mixing time, the chocolate seems to want to seize up, just use some muscle in the stirring, and it comes out smooth and silky. Beautiful texture when it melts in your mouth.
Dec 23, 2011
No comment left
Dec 18, 2011
Absolutely delicious! No problem with melting the chips if you melt for @ 1 min., stir and then melt for 10 seconds at a time until they are stirred smooth. Super creamy consistency and so very easy to make.
Dec 13, 2011
The chips proved to be very hard to "melt until smooth" and it ended up pretty lumpy after multiple attempts at smoothing. Not quite what I remember bavarian mint fudge being, I think I'll have to stick with the kind you cook in a saucepan.
Jul 8, 2011
it was good.