Basil Garlic Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, parsley, basil and garlic. Cover and microwave until butter is melted. Stir in cheese.
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise; place cut side down on an uncovered grill over medium heat for 2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Brush cut side with the butter mixture. Grill or broil 1-2 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 280 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 555mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 3, 2019
This was very good, but I did add salt to it. I needed "something" extra and some salt did the trick.
Apr 22, 2019
Great garlic bread, and we eat some variety of garlic bread 3-4 times a week, so we know a good one when we try it!! We didn’t grill it, just broiled for a few minutes until golden brown. A definite keeper!
Nov 30, 2016
I used dried parsley and basil because it's what I had on hand. Very fast dish to put together and everyone loved it. Leftovers froze and reheated great!
Jun 29, 2013
No comment left
Aug 15, 2012
This was pretty good, but I did think it could use some more flavor. Next time I would increase the basil and maybe add some onion salt. The parsley doesn't add a lot to the taste although it makes the bread look wonderful to serve.
Sep 5, 2006
No comment left