Basil Citrus Cocktail
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 ounces white grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces mandarin orange juice
- 3/4 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce Domaine de Canton ginger liqueur
- In a shaker, muddle basil leaves.
- Fill shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add the juices, gin and ginger liqueur; cover and shake until condensation forms on outside of shaker, 10-15 seconds. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 136 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 10, 2020
I really liked this cocktail. My sister and cousin love to try out new drinks together especially in the summer. This was one of those things that when i read it thought to myself that sounds refreshing but unsure how the flavor would be. It could be really good or go south quick. To my delight it was delicious and refreshing. The things i changed were i used cinnamon basil for a different spin, i couldn't find mandarin orange juice so i just used regular and lastly i forgot to by ginger liquor but i happened to have ginger beer so i used it as a substitute. I would for sure mix this up again especially on a hot summer day.