Basil Chicken Sandwiches
"I got the inspiration for this recipe when I knew my parents and in-laws were coming to see our new home," shares Kerry Durgin Krebs of New Market, Maryland. "My mother-in-law has food allergies, my father-in-law has some very specific food preferences and my parents appreciate light meals. I created this chicken sandwich with fresh basil for our lunch."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash paprika
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 6 tablespoons prepared olive oil vinaigrette salad dressing, divided
- 6 ciabatta rolls, split
- 18 basil leaves
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a bowl, combine the pepper, salt and paprika; sprinkle over chicken slices. In a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons salad dressing for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush remaining salad dressing on rolls. Place basil leaves on rolls; top with chicken and red peppers. Sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 308 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 824mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Aug 9, 2020
This sandwich is sooo good. My family love them. It’s very simple to make as well.
Jun 24, 2013
This is a very tasty sandwich and so easy to make. My family loves it.
Jan 21, 2010
No comment left