Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 to 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the basil, onion, bread crumbs, wine and garlic salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Top with cheese if desired. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 314 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Aug 22, 2015
I think the next time I'd avoid the garlic salt altogether, maybe substitute a lesser amount of garlic powder.
Jun 20, 2013
My family which includes my husband, a 4 year old and 3 year old and me of course all absolutely love this recipe!!! Yummy!! TRY IT!!
Jul 26, 2011
My DH really liked these. I thought I would love them to since I really like basil, but they didn't do anything for me.
May 21, 2010
IT WAS GOOD
Jul 5, 2006
No comment left