Barbecued Round Steak
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound beef top round steak, cut into four pieces
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, salt if desired and pepper; dredge the meat. In a large skillet, brown meat on both sides in oil. Remove and keep warm.
- In the pan drippings, saute the celery, onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes. Combine the soup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and mustard; stir into the vegetables. Return meat to the pan. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
Jan 10, 2017
Very delicious! I made it for the harvest crew and huge compliment from my husband before I even asked if it was good. I needed to tell my little girls no on seconds until the entire crew had been fed. I served it over egg noodles. Very good and have made it numerous times since. The only difference I did was cut the meat into pieces before breading and browning and then cooked in the crock pot. Very tender.
Apr 17, 2014
Fabulous! Only change I made was to bake in the oven at 325° for 1 1/2 hours....followed ingredients exactly!
Mar 18, 2014
I haven't made this yet, but I'll bet it would be great I the crock pot.
Dec 6, 2013
Great way to prepare round steak. Tender and flavorful.
Apr 11, 2013
This was way better then I expected AND looked exactly like the picture.
Apr 8, 2013
Very flavorful and has become a family favorite!
Jul 1, 2012
It really didn't make much effort to put this together and is really worth it. This what my son and I always say "a make again one"!
Sep 26, 2011
Very good way to cook round steak. My husband who doesn't really like round steak enjoyed this. Plan to make again.
Mar 11, 2011
I made this recipe using deer steak and it was wonderful! Very tender and flavorful...even my picky kids liked it.
Jul 26, 2010
I will definitely make this again to use up the round steak I have in the freezer. Loved the sauce. This recipe was very easy to put together. Our little girls actually asked for more meat during our meal. That rarely happens.