Barbecued Basil Turkey Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons mesquite smoke-flavored barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats or oat bran
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 whole wheat or multigrain hamburger buns, split
- Optional toppings: sliced provolone cheese, red onion slices, sliced tomato, fresh basil leaves and additional barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine basil, barbecue sauce, oats, garlic, garlic salt and pepper. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- On a lightly greased grill rack, grill burgers, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Grill buns over medium heat, cut side down, for 30-60 seconds or until toasted. Serve burgers on buns with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 burger: 315 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 482mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Jul 2, 2019
Thanks! It's very helpful. I stress on the point that when on a new diet, a daily plan is very important Without it it’s too easy to fall for peer pressure, to be unprepared and to make bad decisions. I was one among those people who had knowledge about what to eat and what not to, but didn't have a daily plan to carry me through that critical first month until I came across something called as 28-Day Keto challenge. It's more than a plan, a challenge which guided me every step of my way. Their guidance helped me a lot and now I feel a sense of accomplishment. I notice my skin and hair improve and even can sleep better now. I lost a lot of weight too and I now have that energy which I haven't felt in years. I very strongly recommend you this. Visit https://bit.ly/2X8zIgv