Barbecue Meat Loaf
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1hour 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- MEAT LOAF:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- In a small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; set aside. In a large bowl, mix together meat loaf ingredients. Add half of the sauce to the meat loaf mixture; mix well. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven; drain. Pour remaining sauce over loaf. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer or until no pink remains.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 242 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Dec 9, 2014
The meatloaf was great, though I had to put more salt in it. Otherwisethe flavor was great and the meatloaf itself was nice and moist. :)
Jun 4, 2014
They meatloaf part is pretty much your standard meatloaf but the sauce puts it over the top.
Jun 11, 2013
The meatloaf itself was very good. It had a good taste to it & was moist. The sauce seemed a little thin & bland to me. It might taste better if ketchup or chili sauce was used in place of the tomato sauce.
Oct 3, 2011
very moist and tastey
Jun 14, 2009
I can't make this recipe OFTEN enough for my fiancé. He eat meat loaf every week if I made it. He likes this recipe better than his own mother's!!
Apr 5, 2007
No comment left