Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 20-25 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 8 minutes.
- Spread barbecue sauce over dough; top with chicken, cooked onion, bacon, Gorgonzola cheese and jalapenos. Sprinkle with paprika and garlic powder; top with mozzarella cheese. Bake pizza 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Freeze option: Bake pizza crust as directed; cool. Top with all the ingredients as directed, and securely wrap and freeze unbaked pizza. To use, unwrap pizza; bake as directed, increasing time as necessary.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 354 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 851mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
OMG, is this pizza amazing. My husband is a BBQ Chicken Pizza "expert" and he went crazy over this pizza. So did my teenage grandkids. Easy to make and DELICIOUS!!! 5 stars isn't enough according to my family! Try and Enjoy!!!! (Note: - did not include the Jalepeno as my family isn't big on spicy things)
Mar 3, 2020
Super great. Left out the jalapeño. Husband and toddler loved it! Definitely will make again! I thought it was delicious.
Jan 8, 2017
Really good! Skipped precooking the onions to save time and used a little less. Definitely will make this again! YUM!
Oct 30, 2016
Very good with an overall smoky flavor. Next time I think I'll leave the Gorgonzola off. It is a strong flavor that I don't think added much. I used Sonny's bbq sauce and smoky paprika.
Mar 13, 2015
My husband and I both loved this!
Oct 21, 2013
This was great!
Jul 18, 2013
No comment left