Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups shredded unpeeled zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, beat eggs. Blend in sugar and oil. Add bananas and mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; stir into egg mixture. Stir in zucchini and pecans just until combined.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° until a toothpick comes out clean, 50 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 194 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 23, 2020
No comment left
Aug 13, 2020
I made this yesterday and it baked perfectly and is delicious. I subbed applesauce for the oil in this recipe
Aug 3, 2020
This bread turned out great! I did substitute 1/2 cup of sugar with an extra banana . I only used 11/2 c sugar but I think it woul be fine with 1 cup and the extra banana. I also used 1/2 c applesauce and cut the oil to 1/2 cup.
Jul 19, 2020
This is really wonderful! Went exactly according to recipe. I don’t think I’ll have to freeze the second loaf though. It’s going fast! Will definitely make again!
May 13, 2020
2 cups of sugar sounded like too much, so I used only 1 cup of sugar and added mini chocolate chips instead of nuts. The result was a big hit with everyone in the family.
Apr 24, 2020
This bread is perfect! We made it as directed, just omitted the nuts (allergies). Everyone in my family loved it!
Mar 24, 2020
Can I sub organic coconut flour or whole wheat flour for white? If so, same amount?
Mar 20, 2020
Delicious bread! I swapped out the vegetable oil for butter, added a bit more cinnamon, a pinch of cayenne, vanilla and rum extract. It has a little kick which added great spice to the bread!
Mar 17, 2020
A very flavorful moist bread!! Great for gifts!
Feb 15, 2020
Still warm right out of the oven. It tasted fantastic and will keep this recipe for doing again. My hubby loved and he just took one to our neighbor. Thank you and it was so easy to make.