Banana Walnut Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package banana cake mix (regular size)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place first seven ingredients in a large bowl. Beat on low speed just until combined, then on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan or a 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients until crumbly; sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Cool. Store well-wrapped in refrigerator.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 23, 2015
We love this moist cake! I've made it many times. Recently I substituted spice cake mix and a cup of canned pumpkin for the banana ingredients and it was tasty, too!
Apr 8, 2015
We love banana cake so we couldn't wait to try this! Unable to find banana cake mix we used yellow mix and added a package of banana flavored instant pudding. Combined with the bananas the flavor was perfect. Note that the topping is very generous. Great recipe!
Jan 21, 2011
Pillsbury and Duncan Hines make Banana Cake Mix. HTH
Jun 17, 2009
Who makes a banana cake mix? Thanks, Sylvia
Sep 19, 2008
This banana Walnut Cake is Yummy!!shared this to a friend and they loved it! this is one of my fave recipe and thanks for sharing :D
Jul 24, 2006
No comment left
Jul 11, 2006
No comment left