Banana Split Salad
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 2 medium firm bananas, chopped
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in pineapple, strawberries and bananas. Fold in the whipped topping, walnuts and food coloring if desired.
- Pour into an oiled 13x9-in. dish. Cover and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 247 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 46mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 23, 2013
It was super easy to put together and totally refreshing. I made it for a dessert on a really hot day so it was a very welcome treat.There are lots of buried "treasures" in it. Pieces of fresh tasting strawberries throughout , subtle pineapple bits , and crunchy nuts (I used pecans) all enclosed in a cold and creamy base.I preferred it very cold - just served about 10 minutes after removing it from the freezer. It can also be very a very "custom" dish. I can see Frozen raspberries in it's future. Very nice.
Jul 12, 2013
I made this salad today and it was delicious. It has been added to my favorite recipes. I made it exactly as written and it was quick and easy to prepare. It could almost be a dessert. A definite winner! Since I first made this, my husband wants one in the freezer all the time. I cut it in squares the first time I take it out of the freezer and in that way, it is easier to serve each time. A huge winner at our house. (And, we eat it as dessert!)
Mar 13, 2013
It's not a hit at your house? Why not?
Nov 7, 2011
No comment left
Jan 4, 2011
No comment left
Jan 19, 2010
I made this recipe for a work potluck. It was a hit. Everyone wanted the recipe. Will definately make it again.