Banana Split Icebox Cake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 24 whole graham crackers
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- Toppings: Chocolate syrup, halved fresh strawberries and additional banana slices
- In a large bowl, mix whipped topping, sour cream and pudding mix until blended; fold in pineapple. Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag. Transfer pudding mixture to bag.
- On a flat serving plate, arrange 4 crackers in a rectangle. Pipe about 1 cup pudding mixture over crackers; top with about 1/4 cup banana slices. Repeat layers 5 times. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Just before serving, top with chocolate syrup, strawberries and additional banana slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 15g fat (11g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
My family really enjoyed this. Definitely a good one. Easy to make to. We got the kids to make it. Easy and quick. We didn't wait overnight, but kept in frig for 5 hours and it was perfect. We did with fresh peaches and cherries too.
Jul 2, 2020
Yes, I'd make this in a heartbeat! Even with full-fat/full sugar ingredients, less than 33% of the calories are from fat. I will do like other reviewers have done and make this in an 8x8 pan.
Aug 2, 2019
Delicious. This is a keeper. I used 5 bananas
Jul 31, 2019
I have made this many, many times over the years, and it is always a hit. The only thing I do differently is that I do not go to the trouble of piping the pudding mixture. I just spread it over each layer with a spatula. Piping it involves more time and work than I want to incur. You can't see the piping anyway.
Feb 5, 2017
Banana splits is my husbands favorite treat. My family loved this desert. I personally thought it was pretty good (4 stars), but I'm more of a cookie person and don't normally go for these types of desserts. However, my family raved and it was easy to make, so I'll be making this again. I used coconut instant pudding instead of vanilla which was tasty. I also ended up using a lot more bananas than the recipe called for. I made this in 9x9 foil disposable pan which allowed me to make 3 layers and I used a total of 5 bananas to cover all the layers and top my cake.
Aug 7, 2014
Show stopping dessert at parties!
Jul 23, 2014
so good and really really easy. thank you so much
Jul 13, 2014
Made it using chocolate grahams crackers (can never have to much chocolate!) and was awesome!
Jul 3, 2014
It is wonderful. Serve it first, because you will have finished your meal. Have you heard " Eat dessert first:Life is short. moonbeam36
May 11, 2014
I made this for my family and it was a huge hit. Everyone loved it and a couple of them even wanted seconds. It is a very nice alternative to baking something when it is hot outside. I followed the recipe exactly and it was very easy to put together. I will definitely be making this again.