Banana Skillet Upside-Down Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake 35 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 medium bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375°. Prepare banana bread batter according to package directions; stir in walnuts.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar until dissolved. Add lemon juice; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Arrange bananas in a single layer over brown sugar mixture; sprinkle with coconut.
- Spoon prepared batter over coconut. Bake until dark golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 554 calories, 22g fat (10g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Jul 2, 2020
It's not a recipe when it starts with a boxed product! Not taste of home, taste of Betty crocker, thought they were better than this
Nov 18, 2019
this sucked. tasted totally store-bought and not good. Maybe better making homemade banana bread.
Sep 2, 2019
The cake was difficult to flip and mushy bananas stuck to the bottom of the pan. Also the batter didn't rise very much- I wound up serving it in the skillet.