Banana Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 to 3 medium)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the bananas and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Combine topping ingredients; add half to batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 325 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 28, 2020
This cake was so soft and fluffy! It was really easy to put together and doesn't take long to bake. Just make sure you watch it so you don't overbake it!
Jul 3, 2017
I believe that this is the recipe I'd made-My only change with ingredients was using 1 tsp. salt. I'd also baked the cake 35 to 40 minutes. This is a really good recipe!
Mar 27, 2017
I think it needed a middle layer. This is what I used for the middle layer:1/3 c. brown sugar1/3 c nuts1 tsp Cinnamon.I put half the batter in the pan. Then sprinkled the middle layer over it. Then topped it with the rest of the batter. I cooked it for 35 minutes.
Oct 6, 2015
This was really good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didn't use the topping. Loved this.
Apr 5, 2015
Very good! I've made it twice--first time, I didn't get it done enough. Second time was perfect, but needed 35-40 minutes in my oven. I didn't have pecans so used walnuts.
Mar 24, 2015
This is a nice alternative to banana bread, which is what I usually make with overripe bananas. Easy to make and tasty too!
Apr 17, 2014
Everything a coffee cake should be. What a nice alternative to using up those bananas that get a little too ripe.
Mar 22, 2014
I always find it amusing when people still think that coffee cake refers to a cake made with coffee. Either they have never had a grandmother or mother who baked much or lived in a place where baked goods are rare. A coffee cake is simply a cake of the quick bread nature which is meant to be eaten with a cup of coffee. U. Chef, there is no coffee here because it is not meant to have it. Every nationality has a version of such a cake. In this recipe, Georgia Courtney has given us a beautiful example of how a great coffee cake and a good cup of coffee can really make your day.
Jan 4, 2013
This was easy to make and delicious!
Dec 17, 2012
Easy and tasty!