Total TimePrep: 1-1/4 hours Bake: 50 min. + chilling
- 12 sheets phyllo dough (14x9-in.)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough in a greased 9-in. springform pan, pressing phyllo onto bottom and up sides of pan; brush with butter. Layer with remaining phyllo sheets, brushing each layer and rotating sheets slightly to stagger the corners. (While working, keep unused phyllo covered with a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Place on a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix walnuts, sugar and spices; sprinkle over bottom of phyllo. Bake 5-7 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (sides will puff). Cool in springform pan on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and mascarpone cheese on low speed until smooth. Beat in honey, milk and flour. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking pan.
- Bake 50-60 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled. Remove rim from pan.
- For garnish, place corn syrup in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, 10 seconds or until warm. Brush corn syrup lightly over both sides of rosemary. Place on waxed paper; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- If needed, reheat remaining corn syrup until warm; gently toss cranberries in syrup. Place remaining sugar in a small bowl; add cranberries and toss to coat. Place on waxed paper and let stand until set, about 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top cheesecake with sugared rosemary and cranberries.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 351 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 24, 2020
Just wow. This is absolutely incredible and was a home run recipe. I didn't have corn syrup or fresh cranberries, so I used crasins and honey instead for garnish. Soaked the crasins for a few mins with just a little water to plump them up, then after covering them in honey and letting them set, added the honey dried crasins across the top for garnish and then drizzled honey across the top of cheesecake. I wish I could submit a picture for yall!!!! Try it. I promise you won't regret!!
Dec 7, 2019
Mine is in the oven now but confused as to the instruction to "put the pan back in the pan" Typo? Also can I lightly cover if the phyllo gets too brown while baking the cake?
Nov 4, 2019
Wish the I had taken a picture. It turned out EXACTLY as shown and is amazing on so many levels. This will definitely be a regural during the holidays. I also made cranberry sauce with a can of whole berries and crasins. Then added 2 tbsp butter and cinnon. Warmed it to serve on the side.
Dec 19, 2017