Baki’s Old-World Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup ground walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add nuts. In another bowl, sift together flour, cinnamon and cloves; add with vanilla to creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour.
- Fill 36 generously greased muffin cups or individual 3-in. tins one-third to half full. Press dough around sides, leaving a depression in center. (If dough is too soft, add flour.)
- Bake until light brown, about 18 minutes. Cool 2 minutes; tap tins to remove cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 105 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 17, 2020
I made these tonight and they were REALLY good! A big hit with the whole household! I made them in the big muffin tins, filling them about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way. I wanted to see how I liked them better...more full or not-so-full. Both were just as good, but obviously the 1/2 full ones didn't come out as hard. Because I do like my cookies more well-done
Jan 23, 2020
Why do you push the center down? Does that allow for extra rising?
Nov 20, 2019
I think there is something missing in the instructions. what do you put in the center of the cups?