Baker’s Dozen Yeast Rolls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 tablespoons plus 4 teaspoons butter, melted, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. Add water and 2 tablespoons butter; beat on medium speed for 3 minutes or until smooth. Stir in cheese and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 4-6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 13 pieces. Shape each into a ball. Place in a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Bake rolls 11-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Combine honey, garlic salt and remaining butter; brush over rolls. Remove from pan to wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 131 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 169mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Jul 6, 2020
I made the rolls but just made them like regular rolls . They were delicious!
Jan 28, 2020
So delicious and easy. I leave the garlic out when serving with some dishes. It’s good either way.
Dec 20, 2019
I love the convenience of using my bread maker on the "dough" setting to make these rolls. After the cycle is completed I form the bought and let the rolls rise for 45 minutes and bake, then brush with melted butter. It's easy to double the recipe too. These rolls freeze really well too.
Aug 1, 2019
Came out wonderfully! I wish I could post a picture. Smelled amazing as they were baking. I didn't have quick-rise yeast, so I let them rise a little longer, just kept an eye on them.
Apr 22, 2019
I can't believe how perfect these turned out to be so easy and using so few ingredients! They were so so soft and feathery. I left out the cheese and brushed plain butter over the top as I was looking for an easy yeast roll recipe and I have found it! These were a great addition to our Easter dinner.
Apr 6, 2019
Made with no adjustments. The Quick Rise yeast made this recipe easy and the results were great. No leftovers!
Mar 23, 2019
De-e-e-licious! I made no adjustments and was happy for an opportunity to use my Quick Rise Yeast. Last time I bought supplies I picked some up along with the Active Rise. I certainly appreciated how easy it worked, I can't stand long because of some physical problems right now, really needed to cut time if possible. I am waiting for my granddaughter to come take some home.
Mar 14, 2019
What is quick rise yeast
Nov 11, 2018
I would like to know what pumpkin spice is
Nov 11, 2018
I use bread flour, regular yeast and double rise the dough. First rise in a greased bowl after mixing all the ingredients for 45 minutes then a second 45 minute rise after I’ve shaped them. They’re delicious and a huge hit. I actually tripled the recipe once and it still wasn’t enough. I use McCormick Pink Himalayan Garlic Salt for the topping. Really makes a difference.