Baked Rice with Sausage
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 50 min. + standing
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 4-1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup dry chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; add dry soup mix. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender. Stir in canned soup, rice and sausage mixture; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over rice mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 771mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 29, 2019
I love the flavor of this recipe. Before this casserole I had never used Italian sausage
Jul 12, 2018
One of my families favorite dishes
May 17, 2018
My husband and I love this recipe!!!
Mar 26, 2018
Pretty good. It went over well at church, hardly any left. I accidentally poured in too much of the soup mix, so I was a little worried, but it turned out just fine.
Nov 25, 2017
Very good! One of my family's favorites!
Jun 14, 2013
Very good recipe and reminded me a lot of chicken rice a roni in the taste. The chicken noodle soup mix equals 2 envelopes and I used reduced salt versions on both kinds of soup and the dish came out perfect
May 30, 2013
When I made this recipe it definetly didn't look like the picture. The sausage had a good flavor but it was a tad too salty for me.
May 27, 2013
This is healthy, quick, and simple recipe that has become a family favorite. "My Sausage Stuff" is requested for all large family gatherings, even when turkey/stuffing or meat/potatoes are the main course. I've been making it for several years (the first time was the only single batch) and occasionally I'll tweak it with sweet sausage or turkey sausage.
May 12, 2013
No comment left
Feb 10, 2013
I made this recipe exactly as stated with one exception, I used two full envelopes of dry chicken noodle soup mix. It came out more like a soup than a casserole??? Is the rice supposed to be cooked before adding to the mix???