Baked Mushroom Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, about 5 minutes. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° until chicken is no longer pink, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half : 311 calories, 16g fat (9g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Aug 20, 2020
No comment left
Aug 11, 2020
Very nice! I loved that it was quick to make. Following ideas from other reviewers, I sliced my large chicken breasts (2) in half. That worked well. I also added 1/4 C white wine to the sauce, and the little remaining flour left after dredging the breasts to thicken it a little. I was heavy on the mushrooms, cause we love them. I added some snipped fresh rosemary and chives to the sauce because we love fresh herbs. I served over zucchini noodles and asparagus that were sautéed in olive oil, garlic and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. It was delightful. The only change I will make next time is to double the sauce. We would have enjoyed more over our "zoodles". Would serve this to company!
Aug 3, 2020
Ok, I just made this. I didn't have any green onions so had to leave them off. Still very, very good! Thanks to Gail for the idea to cut the chicken breasts in half. Worked perfectly. There's nothing about this recipe I would change. Thanks for sharing! I should say I rarely create accounts on websites, but I did here just to rate the recipe. :-)
Jul 16, 2020
This has got to be one of my favorite baked chicken dishes. It is easy and doesn't seem like it would be that flavorful but it is! So glad I tried it. Whole family gave it a thumbs up. Make sure you use every drop of mushroom sauce on the chicken breasts, and we used a good amount of green onions because we like them.
Jun 22, 2020
No comment left
May 25, 2020
Very tasty! Instead of pounding the chicken breasts, which were large, I sliced them in half, which worked well. I also used a heavy hand with the mushrooms, because I like them.
May 6, 2020
May 1, 2020
Apr 18, 2020
Made this last night - so easy - so good.
Mar 25, 2020
Uh, so this is phenomenal. The only change I made was adding some white wine to the skillet with the mushrooms. So so good.