Baked Cherry Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-2/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) pitted tart cherries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a small bowl, combine 2/3 cup sugar, flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the cherries, butter and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over crust. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 376 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 86g carbohydrate (68g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 4, 2020
Has anyone used fresh cherries for the cherry pudding recipe?
Jul 29, 2013
My husband ate half of it when he got home from work - couldn't wait for me to make fresh whipped cream. Couldn't even wait to have dinner first! Will definitely make this easy dessert again. And it came out fine in a 9x9 pan (all I had)
Apr 1, 2012
I substituted the cherries for a can of wildberry. It was great ! I will try again next time with cherries.
Dec 7, 2009
I made this for my step-brother visiting from California. He likes cherries and Mom already made cherry pie so I searched for another recipe. This was a huge hit! My step-brother's comments were, "You could market this! I'd buy it for sure!" Very simple to make and great with a dollop of whip cream!