Baked Beans Mole
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 40 minutes
- 1/4 pound fresh chorizo, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup salsa (medium or hot)
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces chopped bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- Minced fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large, ovenproof skillet with a lid, cook chorizo, onion, red pepper and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned, 4-6 minutes. Add next nine ingredients; mix well. Bake, covered, until thickened and flavors are blended, about 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 284 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein.
Jul 2, 2020
This was unbelievably good!! However, I'm not sure how they got sooooo spicy. The only thing I can think is that my chili sauce was really spicy. I added some sour cream and it helped a lot. The flavor was so complex. Tasted like it was cooked at an authentic Mexican restaurant. I served it with enchiladas.