Baked Almond Chicken Breasts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Hot cooked pasta
- Place flour in a shallow bowl. Combine 1/3 cup butter and seasonings in another bowl. Coat chicken with flour, then dip in butter mixture. Arrange in a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish. Pour cream around chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and remaining butter; sprinkle over chicken. Top with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve over pasta.
Jan 7, 2018
Special and tasty main diah. Increased recipe and served to large group at our 25th anniversary celebration.
Jul 19, 2017
Very easy. Can be served as a special or Sunday dinner. Would taste great with white wine. I like that this meal is not processed. No premade sauces or spice packages. This is as basic as it gets and taste delicious. I served with regular fettuccine noodles and cooked carrots. I also cut the chicken breasts in half before dipping them. This is a very filling meal
May 4, 2014
I made this today and it was very tasty! My husband and I loved it and I will be making it again soon!
Feb 18, 2013
No comment left
Aug 11, 2012
I have made this recipe many times and my family love it. The colors of the pasta, carrots, chicken & sauce make a very attractive dish. It's definitely a keeper.
Apr 23, 2012
No comment left
May 9, 2011
Love this, I use Grouse Breast!
Apr 20, 2011
My family loves this recipe! My boyfriend asked me to make it twice in one week. It was very simple to make.
Nov 27, 2010
This has become a family favorite. My daughters friends even came over for a cooking class to learn how to make this delicious dish before going off to college.
Sep 1, 2010
This recipe is wonderful. I always get rave reviews whenever I serve it. It's a family favorite. My daughters friends took this recipe with them to college. I always make more of the butter/seasoning coating than the recipe calls for. A definate keeper.