Bake-Sale Lemon Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Gradually beat in 1-1/2 cups flour. Press onto bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar, lemon juice and remaining flour until frothy; pour over hot crust.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lemon mixture is set and lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar. Cut into bars. Refrigerate leftovers.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 247 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 12, 2020
Awesome recipe! Added pecans to the shortbread, used 1/3c. Lemon juice , 1t. lemon extract, and 1T. Lemon zest..
Jun 1, 2020
I haven't made these yet but we're having grilled ribeyes and baked potatoes. This sounds like the perfect dessert to highlight an evening with friends. I will post our opinions later, I'm so excited!!
Apr 7, 2020
I made these last night. Even without the powered sugar on the top, they are so good. Will be making these again.
Mar 13, 2020
Well, l made them for my AG. Society bake sale. Very tasty,quic to whip up. I did 2 pans at a time. I used parchment so easy to lift out of the pan. Cut beautifully with the pizza cutter. A go to recipe. Janet. VFE
Dec 22, 2019
Recipe came out wonderful, but I had a problem with them sticking to the dish after baking even though I greased it beforehand. Was able to salvage enough of the bars to enjoy, but will have to do something different next time to prevent them from sticking.
Oct 11, 2019
Aug 3, 2019
Looking forward to baking these sounds delicious
Jul 27, 2019
No comment left
Jun 18, 2019
Love this recipe - have made it at least a dozen times. Great for dainty trays for showers and Christmas and a refreshing dessert for a summer pot luck. Freezes well too.
Dec 6, 2018
Very easy to fix and so good!!