Bacon Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place vegetables and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 13-15 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 172 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 8g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Nov 26, 2016
A good recipe to upgrade plain old frozen mixed veggies. So much better!
Jun 25, 2016
This was made on 6/24 as part of our dinner. Except for using a 12 oz. bag of mixed veggies and subbing margarine for the oil, the recipe was made as written. I do think however that there was too much of the parsley. But I also think that this recipe would be a very good way to use up leftover veggies. " Keep Smiling :)
Nov 14, 2015
This is a delicious and easy side dish! Frozen mixed vegetables have been redeemed.
Jul 13, 2012
This is great if you're looking for a quick, cheap veggie side dish for a weeknight. I only microwaved the veggies for 10 minutes and they were plenty done enough for me. I will also use less bacon next time; it was just too much.
Dec 17, 2011
No comment left
Jul 8, 2009
No comment left