Bacon-Onion Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings. Saute onion in drippings until tender. Stir in vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, place beans in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, until crisp-tender, 4-7 minutes; drain.
- Place beans in a large bowl; toss with bacon and onion mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 84 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 25, 2019
One of my sons hated green beans ... until I made this dish. Thank you very much.
Oct 11, 2014
The best green beans
Apr 13, 2013
Try balsamic vinegar....YUM!
Nov 11, 2011
These were flavorful. Simple to make with ingredients on hand.
Jun 11, 2011
This is my favorite vegetable side dish! I served it when we hosted Easter -- everyone raved about it. There were not leftovers.
Feb 1, 2010
Very tasty! And such an attractive presentation.
Mar 31, 2009
These were so yummy! My friend's not a very big green bean fan, and she loved them.
Jan 4, 2008
No comment left