Total TimePrep/Total Time:30 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 bacon strips, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Lightly coat both sides with flour; shake off excess.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. With a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels; reserve 1 teaspoon drippings.
- In same pan, heat butter and drippings over medium heat. Add chicken; cook until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- Add garlic, rosemary and pepper flakes to pan; cook and stir until garlic begins to color, 1-2 minutes. Stir in broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Cook until slightly thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Return chicken and bacon to pan; heat through, turning chicken a few times to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast: 232 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 29, 2018
taste of home recipe
Dec 4, 2016
Really enjoyed this!! Even my picky 10 year old had a second helping. Did change anything at all.
Nov 6, 2016
No comment left
Oct 9, 2016
This was great -- my husband couldn't stop raving about it. I used skinless bone-in chicken thighs and cut the recipe in half for the two of us. I also extended the cooking time, used the full amount of lemon juice, and chopped the garlic because I invariably burn the thin-sliced variation.