Bacon-Cheese Puff Pie
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pastry shell, unbaked
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large tomato, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle bacon over the crust. Top with tomato and cheese. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, flour and salt until smooth. In another large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold into sour cream mixture; spread over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350° until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 518 calories, 35g fat (17g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 901mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Aug 10, 2020
what size pie pan do you use?
Sep 19, 2013
Yum-o! We loved this. Only baked for 37 minutes
Oct 23, 2008
this is so yummy and very easy to make. i added mushrooms, onions, and green peppers with the bacon and tomato and it was great! 35 minutes worked for me, too.
Jun 13, 2008
I served this to brunch guests (including kids) & they all loved it. I baked it for 35 min. and it came out great.
Mar 31, 2008
my husband like this recipe I baked it for the 45 min. and I think it would have been better at30 min.
Aug 3, 2006
No comment left