Bacon, Cabbage and Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked fine egg noodles
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1/2 medium head cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings.
- Add cabbage to drippings; cover and cook on low for 20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring occasionally. Drain noodles. Stir into skillet. Add bacon, salt and pepper; heat through.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 89 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 3, 2014
I made this with just a few slices of bacon because that is all I had. I stir fried the cabbage rather than covering the pan so that the cabbage retained a bit of crispness to it. I served this with baked acorn squash for a delicious meatless meal.Avidcook, Volunteer Field Editor
Mar 23, 2013
Paprika made it better. Made it with 1/2 pound bacon (what I had open) and mini spiral pasta (out of egg noodles). A nice, easy dinner.
Feb 14, 2012
Old fashioned comfort food! Perfect for a night when you are tired and hungry and need something comforting. Quick and easy to make. A definite keeper.
Feb 14, 2012
Tastes just like my Grandmother's!
Aug 28, 2010
A dash of good Hungarian paprika brought this from very good to great!
Jul 1, 2010
I add butter and sometimes use Conecah sausage instead of bacon. I always heard the dish was called Halushka (spelling?) and my family LOVES it.
May 14, 2010
Easy to make and full of flavor. Will defiantly make this again.
Apr 2, 2010
No comment left
Sep 24, 2009
Bump to review at a later time.
Sep 23, 2009
This is absolutely delicious. My mother taught me this combination over 30 yrs. ago. I've kinda tweaked it a little. I add some Greek seasoning and garlic and use linguine as the pasta. Haven't had any lately so thank you for the reminder recipe.