Bacon Bean Stalks
You'll need just three ingredients to assemble this fun fall side dish. Wax beans are bundled with bacon strips to look like shocks of cornstalks.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound fresh wax or green beans
- 6 bacon strips
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook bacon until partially cooked, about 3 minutes; drain on paper towels.
- Drain beans; place about 12 beans on each bacon strip. Position one end of beans so they are nearly even; cut about 1/4 in. from that end so stalks will stand when served. Wrap bacon strip around beans; secure with a toothpick.
- Lay stalks flat on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with onion powder. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until bacon is crisp.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 60 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.