Bacon and Asparagus Frittata
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 12 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced fresh asparagus (cut in 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 9- or 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving 1 Tbsp. drippings. Heat reserved drippings on medium-high. Add asparagus, onion and garlic; saute until onion is tender. Crumble bacon; set aside a third. In a large bowl, combine remaining bacon, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet; stir. Top with tomato, cheese and reserved bacon. Cover and cook over medium-low until eggs are nearly set, 10-15 minutes. Preheat broiler; place skillet 6 in. from heat. Broil until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen tip
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 344 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 351mg cholesterol, 738mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 26, 2020
Delicious! I've been making this recipe for years. Bonus my kids gobble up veggies with zero complaints.
Feb 19, 2019
No comment left
Feb 6, 2015
Delicious. Just what I wanted. I followed the recipe closely but added sauteed red pepper and jalepeno for a kick.