Avocado Chicken Pitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 whole pita breads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 pound rotisserie chicken, cut into strips
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Brush one side of each pita bread with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until browned and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash avocado with the lemon juice, salt, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce. Spread over pitas. Layer with chicken, tomato and cheese.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 723 calories, 42g fat (16g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1265mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 46g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 17, 2013
This was very good. The pesto is what made this recipe. I think next time I am going to add some bacon, olives, cilantro and green onion for toppers just for more yummy goodness.
Oct 21, 2012
After seeing the picture, i was very intigued. I never thought you can have a "pizza" with avocado "sauce". :)I didnt have pita bread on hand so i made dough by using another recipe on this site: https://45air-www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Parmesan-Breadsticks-2I know its for bread sticks but it was very good as a pizza dough :) i baked a pizza dough and put on the toppings to heat again. I didnt use the hot pepper or e lemon juice (not a big fan of either) but i did spice it up a li'l with paprika and regular pepper. My 20 month old devoured a slice (without the added paprika) yum yum!
Aug 9, 2011
Very good and easy.
Apr 4, 2011
delicious and easy! the pita bread makes a nice crispy crust.
Nov 16, 2010
My family loves this recipe and have made it many times. It is quick and easy-definitely try this!
Jul 7, 2009
I was so excited when I tried this recipe, and discovered that my kids would eat avocado this way! Kid and Adult friendly!NM
Nov 19, 2008
My husband and I loved this! We will definitely be making this again!
Jul 21, 2008
Recipe-Bot--That sounds interesting, but the reicpe is only available to subscribers.
Jul 21, 2008
Delicious! I loved it! I didn't have any chicken, but I used bacon bits instead and it was awesome! Thanks for a great recipe, that I will certainly use again!