Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) baked beans, undrained
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a skillet, lightly fry bacon. Remove to paper towel to drain. Set aside 2 tablespoons drippings. Saute onion in the drippings until tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Oct 28, 2019
I was a little hesitant when I saw raisins on the list but wow. Love the flavor. I also cut the cider back and added finely chopped apple. Yum
Sep 9, 2019
These are a nice change of pace for fall. I added a diced honeycrisp apple, cut the amount of cider to 1/2 cup, and next time I will try apple pie spice instead of cinnamon. I baked mine in 375 oven for 40 minutes. Really good with pork as others have mentioned.
Mar 31, 2013
No comment left
Mar 21, 2012
Holy WOW! These are like heaven in your mouth! A perfect compliment to pork. Wish I'd found this recipe in the fall. A new fav!
Feb 29, 2012
Excellent - we will never make beans any other way again!!