Autumn Apple Tart
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Combine egg and milk; stir into flour mixture until blended.
- Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. tart pan with removable bottom. Arrange apple slices over crust.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over apples. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cool.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 200 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 12, 2017
Excellent and I'm not a fan of apple pie. Very easy to make. Crust was even better on the 2nd day.
Oct 30, 2013
5 star! great recipe for use of fall apples. Very easy!
Oct 5, 2013
This is excellent! However, before I added the apples atop the crust, I softened 4 oz of Philadelphia cream cheese with 1/4 C powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Then, I added the apples and topping. This is sooo good!
Feb 19, 2013
No comment left