Au Gratin Cabbage
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the cabbage, carrot and onions until for 7 minutes or crisp-tender. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt. Pour over the vegetables. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 156 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 126mg cholesterol, 345mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Jul 8, 2017
This cheesy cabbage taste wonderful!! Perfect side dish!!
Feb 1, 2015
I thought the cabbage taste was overwhelming. If I make this again I would add more seasonings. I didn't use green onion.
Nov 14, 2013
I don't do any green onions because I find them to be a waste of money. The average rating seems to be pretty dead on for this particular recipe. I think if I make this one again, I will double the egg and milk portion, and stir it together before I pour it into the casserole dish. This is a great side for just two. I will also take the suggestion of adding a little cabbage. The only shredded cabbage I could get my hands on was purple. In the future just based on the look of the dish when you scoop it out, I don't think I'll use purple cabbage. While it tastes good, its kinda unappealing looking.
May 13, 2013
I loved this. I added a little garlic into it. Every one like it.
Dec 4, 2011
This dish was very disappointing. It was bland and uninteresting. My family all agreed that this one was not a keeper. Like many of the recipes on this site, the star rating does not agree with the individual ratings. It is quite misleading.
Oct 30, 2011
Great side dish. I was looking for something to use up the rest of a cabbage that I had and this recipe was a great find
Aug 18, 2011
I thought the carrots overpowered the cabbage.
Oct 27, 2010
I eat few carbs, so I omit the carrots and use half/half instead of milk. I also omit the onions sometimes. I add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste. My son begs me to make this for him weekly. It's a substitute in our house for scalloped potatoes.
Sep 1, 2010
Very blah with no flavor at all.
Apr 14, 2009
No comment left