Asparagus ‘n’ Shrimp with Angel Hair
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound uncooked shrimp (16-20 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped seeded tomato, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Lemon wedges
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper flakes. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; stir-fry until pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove; keep warm.
- In same skillet, stir-fry the next 5 ingredients in remaining oil until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add wine and seasonings. Return shrimp to pan.
- Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss gently. Cook and stir until heated through, 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve with lemon wedges.
Test Kitchen Tips
Nutrition Facts1-3/4 cups: 488 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Jun 3, 2020
Delicious I doubled everything
May 9, 2020
The meal was fantastic. However the instructions were vague. Definitely not for a beginner.
Apr 23, 2020
Absolutely loved this dish! Easy to make and full of flavor! Keeper!
Mar 19, 2020
I made this last week and we lived it! Making it again tonight. ??
Mar 18, 2020
great leftovers. tasty. easy to make. Now one of the family favorites
Mar 9, 2020
Delicious but half cup of broth or wine was not nearly enough to serve with angel hair.
Mar 6, 2020
Just the right amount of kick. Family loved it
Feb 19, 2020
made this today what a treat, and you can make so many variations to this recipe .
Feb 19, 2020
We made this on Sunday. Finished the left overs last night. It was excellent and will make again. Please note it only makes 2 servings. We increased all the ingredients to feed 6 and then had left overs.
Jun 15, 2019
I put this over zoodles--zucchini noodles--and it was great! I've made this twice. Family approved.