Asparagus Bacon Quiche
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), unbaked
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- Line the unpricked crust with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes; remove foil. Bake 5 minutes longer; remove from the oven and set aside.
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; drain well. Arrange the bacon and asparagus in the crust.
- In a bowl, beat eggs; add cream, 1/2 cup cheese, onions, sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Pour over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 23-25 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 296 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 557mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Oct 30, 2019
Had some leftover asparagus in the fridge and thought this would be good. I was surprised to see the grated parmesan instead of swiss but this made the quiche so fluffy and smooth, almost like mousse. I will use this recipe in the future as it takes a lot less time to bake than traditional quiche. Super yummy 10 stars if I could rate it that high.
Mar 18, 2017
I used a thawed pie crust and was going to bake according to the pkg directions, but following recipe and the aluminum foil stuck to the crust, I should have used the pkg directions. The quiche was good even tho the crust was not perfect.
Jun 9, 2016
No comment left
Jul 31, 2014
So delicious! Even my picky son ate every bite! I added 2 extra slices of crumble bacon. I used the pre-cooked kind. It was so good! I will definitely add this to my list of favorites!
Mar 11, 2014
This was pretty good. I think I'd like swiss cheese better in it but it was good.
Jun 9, 2013
I made this yummy quiche for our Sunday brunch this morning and everyone loved it! I will definitely be making it again!
Dec 1, 2010
I used broccoli instead of asparagus and it was amazing! Very yummy and will make again.
Sep 22, 2010
I was unsure of how the parmesan would work in this quiche and it was AMAZING!! This will be a staple in our house!
Mar 13, 2010
No comment left
Oct 23, 2009
This is one of my families favorites. This is great for those times when dinner is late and you don't want anything to heavy. The taste is wonderful.