Asparagus Appetizer Spread
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Assorted crackers
- Cook asparagus in a small amount of water until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Cool.
- Puree asparagus until smooth. Add 1 cup sour cream and the cream cheese; blend well.
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin and reserved liquid; heat slowly until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the asparagus mixture, ham, chives, salt and pepper. Pour into a greased 1-qt. round-bottom bowl. Cover and chill until set, about 6 hours.
- Unmold onto a plate and spread with reserved sour cream. Garnish with additional chopped ham and cooked asparagus if desired. Serve with crackers.
Apr 1, 2013
I made half this recipe for Easter with family - very good and quite easy to make. I frosted the spread but didn't decorate it which would be fun for another time. Maybe a little more seasoned salt next time.
Dec 15, 2011
I have been making this for more than 10 years and everytime I do I get requests for the recipe. I don't always dress it up as in the picture I just pour into a fancy bowl but this is an awesome recipe!!! The only change I have made is increasing the seasoned salt to 1 tsp.Try it!!!
Oct 21, 2009
No comment left
Oct 7, 2008
No comment left