Asian Turkey Patties
I've shared this recipe many times over the years. Even folks who say they don't normally care for ground turkey love the taste of these patties.—Angela Harker, Superior, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and ginger. Whisk in the broth, soy sauce and vinegar until smooth; set aside. In another bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, salt and garlic powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into five patties.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Add green pepper and celery. Stir reserved broth mixture; add to pan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes; simmer 6 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 12g fat (0 saturated fat), 134mg cholesterol, 1064mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Feb 7, 2019
Pretty good for a quick meal and I had all the ingredients on hand, but the burgers and the sauce seem to be missing something. I only used 1 pound of ground turkey.
Apr 3, 2007
No comment left