Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) Lipton beefy onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Prepared sweet-and-sour sauce, optional
- Prepared hot mustard sauce, optional
- In a skillet, combine first 5 ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until beef is browned and onion is tender.
- Separate crescent dough into triangles; cut each one in half diagonally. Place 1 rounded teaspoon beef mixture in center of each triangle; fold dough over mixture. Press edges with a fork to seal. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° until golden, about15 minutes.
- Serve with sweet-and-sour sauce and hot mustard sauce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer: 59 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
May 17, 2015
I made these tonight with reduced fat crescent rolls and also 93% lean meat. The duck sauce is a must. The combo is a nice blend of sweet and savory. I also cut the recipe in half and it turned out perfect.
Feb 23, 2011
No comment left
Feb 1, 2010
No comment left
Nov 4, 2009
These were fantastic, simple, and super tasty! I thought sweet & sour sauce complemented them well, but my husband preferred them just the way they were. The filling is incredible and has so much flavor!! Will definitely make these again!