Asian Pot Roast
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 2 hours 35 min.
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 cup fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 to 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, brown roast in oil on all sides; drain. Add onion. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, garlic and ginger.
- Pour over roast. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 hours or until meat is almost tender.
- Add celery and carrots. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add the peas, mushrooms and reserved pineapple. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until the vegetables and meat are tender.
- Remove the roast, vegetables and pineapple; keep warm. Skim fat from pan drippings. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice roast across the grain. Serve the meat, vegetables and pineapple with gravy.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 411 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 136mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 3g fiber), 48g protein.
Jul 1, 2017
This is one of my favorite ways to fix pot roast!! We had this tender roast for Sunday Dinner and we couldn't get enough of it!! It's a keeper!!
Apr 22, 2010
I added spinach instead of the peas. It turned out very well & my family liked it with rice! It was a great change to a pot roast!!!
Jun 10, 2006
No comment left